Monday, July 22, 2013

A Text Fulfilled, But Not Translated

Friends,

I have the joy this week of attending Synod School, a week-long family event of worship, study, rest, and restoration with 600 other friends on the campus of Buena Vista University in Storm Lake, IA. It reminds me of a parable:

Someone came to me asking for the bread of the Word of God, but I answered, "I am at rest, and my family is with me, and I am encamped in a dormitory and I cannot offer you bread." Then they went on their way and found plenty of other places that offered bread, much of which was delightful and fulfilling. So, I added, "Please come back next week!"

Fini.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave a comment using only your name, please click the name/url option. I don't believe you have to sign in or anything like that by using that option. You may also use the 'anonymous' option if you want. Just be nice.

Blog Archive